Thursday, February 19, 2009

Quick update

No real news to report - I just figured I should put something up to let people know I'm still alive.

I'm actually heading to Florida next week to see a few Red Sox spring training games and enjoy temps in the 70s in March. (One thing Chicago and New England have in common, anyway - February just sucks.) No, it's not the Cubs, but I'll take what I can get.

Oh - did you see the blip about Alfonso Soriano possibly moving out of the leadoff spot? Man, I got my hopes up for a bit. I think Soriano should absolutely NOT be leading off for this or any team. I ranted about this a while back on Facebook, but suffice it to say that I'm enough of a Sabermetric-head to believe OBP is actually important for a lead off man, more so than solo homers. Feel free to argue with me, but I think the coddling has got to stop with him. Move him down, Lou!

Until next time...can't wait until I have games to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment